Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm Coming Home - Part un

It was the beginning of May and there was so much to be excited about. Plus, my birthday was just around the corner and I knew I would be home in time for it. In fact, Keven’s birthday was just a day before mine so he suggested we have a combined party at Relay with the whole gang. Of course, Phil was invited – and I couldn’t wait to see him. Things between us were just like old times; except, instead of e-mailing we had started sending each other messages from our cell phones so we could reply instantly. He had messaged me earlier in the morning telling me how cold he was waiting at the bus stop to go to school and how he couldn’t wait for summer. The little beeping sound it made woke me up and normally I would be quite upset about being woken up, but I had added him in my cell phone under ‘Prince Philippe’ so it kind of made me feel like Aurora in sleeping beauty. Not that I secretly pretended the message was like true love’s kiss or anything...because that would be weird.
I couldn’t believe how great things were going. Even Mom was excited to have me coming home. Though she was a little disappointed about the whole lying thing, she was totally on board when I announced I wanted to come home early. I think a part of her was relieved because she wouldn’t have to worry as much. She suggested I leave at the end of the month, but I really wanted to be home for my birthday. I knew that it was going to be special. I imagined myself walking in to the bar and Phil standing by our table, which he had decorated with roses. I would walk up to him and act all surprised that he remembered my birthday – he was so bad with numbers that the only birthday he could remember was his own. I would smile at him and thank him for going to such lengths and for remembering my birthday and he would take me by the hand and pull me toward him and whisper in my ear “how could I forget?” and then he would kiss me.
When I told this to Luke he rolled his eyes at me and told me that it was unrealistic because you can’t whisper gently into someone’s ear when you’re in a bar.

“It’s totally realistic.” Kat defended my fictional scenario.

“How is it realistic?” Luke debated.

“Because the DJ is playing a slow song so it’s a little more quiet than normal.” Kat retorted as she packed her bags.

“See, this is why Kat is my best friend” I smiled proudly.

“Because she’s a loon like you?” Luke gave a smirk. “And I suppose is this scenario the only sound you both could hear was the sound of your beating hearts?” He mocked us.

Kat looked up from her rucksack and gave him a confused look. “Lukey, they’re in a bar – let’s not get carried away here.” She rolled her eyes and shook her head in dismay as he walked out of the bedroom. “There, all packed.” Kat zipped up her bag and stood up.

“I can’t believe we’re both leaving tomorrow.” I sat down on the floor and leaned my back against the wall.

“I can’t believe you’re not coming back.” Kat joined me on the floor.

“I can’t believe you’re going on a road trip with a psycho bitch – you might not be coming back!” I joked.

“Or I’ll come back with a fork shaped scar of my forehead.” Kat laughed. “It sucks that I can’t stop in to see you though. Stupid psycho bitch!” She paused and then continued “we have to follow the itinerary Katherine!” She said mockingly and we both laughed. Kat sighed. “Wow! I can’t believe you’re going to see Phil soon.” 

"Neither can I" I let out a deep breath as butterflies fluttered around inside my stomach. 

"You okay?" Kat gave me a concerned look. 

"I have to admit that out of all the things I missed about Phil, the nauseating butterflies were definitely not among them." 

“Oh!” Kat sprung to her feet. “That reminds me” she opened up her drawer and pulled out of wrapped box “I got you something” she handed the box to me. I looked down at it and smiled as I noticed the Disney wrapping of all the princes and princesses. “I thought it was fitting.” She giggled.

I carefully removed the wrapping making a mental note to keep the paper as a souvenir. I opened the box to find about a hundred little round skin colored stickers. Confused, I looked to Kat. “Umm…thanks?” I said wondering what they were.

“They’re anti-nausea patches!” She beamed. “People stick them on their necks so they don’t get sea sick on boats and stuff.” She explained. “I figured maybe you could wear one when you see Phil – you know, so you don’t like…vomit on him.” She laughed.

I couldn’t help but laugh too. “This is the best present ever” I beamed and gave her a big hug. “I’m going to miss you so much.” I said wanting to cry.

“Just promise me you’ll invite me to the wedding.”

“You’re going to be in the wedding, remember?” I smiled.

“Now, let’s go find you a birthday dress that will completely blow Phil away.” Kat grabbed me by the hand and led me to the corridor, closing her door behind her. “I’m thinking that pink one that we saw in the window display the other day.”

“What am I going to do without you?” I looped my arm through hers.

“I honestly don’t know.” She smiled.



Click here to read the previous story.

Click here to read from the beginning.

Click here to 'like' the Facebook page and for updates.

Happy reading, and thanks for sharing. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment